So I turned 20 today and the very first thing that popped into my mind this morning was, "I AM NO LONGER A TEENAGEEEEEEEEEER!" Yeah, so much for my priorities these days. Kidding aside, I am very very grateful that I have reached this fruitful age with many more years of (hopefully) productive ahead of me. Despite having to drown myself with boards review this morning, I never really have the reason to be bummed by that. First, there's the quasi-comedy bar way of review this morning brought by none other than our quasi-terror lecturer in Professional Adjustment. Really had me at stitches with her seemingly bipolar attitude and Yoda-esque manner of speaking. Then there's the SMS sent wrongly by one of my professors to my cellphone number this lunch. And, of course, the staff from the ward told me that my skin tone is getting lighter again. That one sure plastered a smile on my face! Our batch also had our photoshoot with Oble this afternoon which meant no turning back for all of us!
So what's the point in all that shit that I just said? Those things stayed in my mind long enough for me to blog about them because today's a special day for me. But do I really need it to be my birthday to remember these things or appreciate life in general? A big no. Hence, I will make it a point to appreciate life, even the smallest detail. What better way to turn a sad day into a day worth thanking for, eh? As my birthday gift to myself, I shall read this article that I have found a few weeks ago during one of my senseless surfing sessions which is very apt for today's occasion: 20 Good Habits You Need To Start In Your 20s. Time to get my act together and think more maturely from now on. First step, work on my career path.
No comments:
Post a Comment